Friday, April 3, 2009

Interesting observation

I haven't been running since Sunday. I got whatever cold virus my son had, and I've been pretty miserable since Wednesday. I had laryngitis yesterday, which made me nervous because I had court today, but my voice came back enough that it was ok. So, I'll probably be back to running next week, once it gets out of my system.

I always hated my upper arms because I had keratosis pilaris, which is the chicken bump like nastiness. It never bothered me, except that I knew those bumps were there and I'd pick pick pick.

Now that the weather is warming, I've worn short sleeves a few times. My hands naturally gravitated toward the back of my upper arms. I was shocked at what I felt. I felt nothing. I felt smooth, albeit dry, skin.

Last summer, I spent over $60 on a moisturizer from Sephora that was supposed to help with KP, and it didn't do anything for me. I am completely convinced that it resolved because I am no longer eating gluten. I had those bumps on my arms for as long as I could remember, and for them to be gone, now, it cannot be a coincidence.

This is just one more amazing and wonderful side effect to being gluten free. Since going gluten free, I've lost 25 lbs that I couldn't lose no matter what I tried, I am no longer gassy, I'm rarely if ever bloated anymore, I'm regular, I rarely get canker sores (although if I accidentally ingest gluten, this is how I know), I am no longer ravenously hungry all the time, and the list continues.

Every day I am amazed how being gluten free has positively changed my life!

No comments: